Problem in deploying Credential Provider in Vista Ultimate 64...Plz Help???
d***@gmail.com
2007-06-13 15:28:06 UTC
Hi All and Eric,

Thanks for your previous replies. I am facing following problem in
Credential Provider,

1.When, I simply deploy the Microsoft
SampleWrapExistingCredentialProvider (32 bit VC++ 2005 Win 32 dll)
with out incorporating any changes in code to Vista Ultimate 64, but
it's not loading by Login UI. Although, I am adding it's dll in
SysWOW64 folder and also have incorporated the following changes in
Credential dll registry file;

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
\Authentication\Credential Providers\{ACFC407B-266C-4085-8DAE-
F3E276336E4B}]
@="SampleWrapExistingCredentialProvider"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{ACFC407B-266C-4085-8DAE-
F3E276336E4B}]
@="SampleWrapExistingCredentialProvider"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{ACFC407B-266C-4085-8DAE-
F3E276336E4B}\InprocServer32]
@="SampleWrapExistingCredentialProvider.dll"
"Threading Model"="Apartment"

Please help me, what I am missing here...???

Regards,

--Danish
Software Engineer
EzValidation, Inc
Eric Perlin [MSFT]
2007-06-14 02:40:01 UTC
For logon, you need a native (i.e. 64-bit) provider.
Logonui.exe (the host for the credential providers) is native. It can only
load native dlls.
The 32-bit provider can still be useful though. It's used in the credui
scenarios when the calling application is 32-bit.
Eric Perlin [MSFT]
EzValidation, Inc
d***@gmail.com
2007-06-14 05:43:49 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
[...]
EzValidation, Inc- Hide quoted text -
Thanks for being replying Eric. Please help me, where can, I find 64
bit Credential Provider Samples. The 5 Credential Provider Samples
that, I have downloaded had the support for Vista 64 Ultimate from the
following link,
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b1b3cbd1-2d3a-4fac-982f-289f4f4b9300&DisplayLang=en

Or are there some Configuration Settings for the IDE of VC++ 2005 (VS
2005 Professional) for this Wrap Credential Provider to build and
deploy on 64 Bit Vista Ultimate?

Please help me out here...???

Regards,

--Danish
Eric Perlin [MSFT]
2007-06-18 05:41:00 UTC
Although I haven't verified it myself, I would expect these samples to build
and work for 64-bit.
There's probably a setting you need to change in your build environment but
I'm unfortunately not going to be of much for this (not a VC/VS/SDK user)...
There are plenty of articles on 64-bit programming though, like this one:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/win64/win64/introducing_64_bit_windows.asp
Eric Perlin [MSFT]
--Danish
d***@gmail.com
2007-06-19 10:17:11 UTC
Thanks a lot Eric. It helped me a lot and I have successfully deployed
Credential Provider in Vitsa 64 Ultimate.

Again thanks.

Regards,
--Danish
--Danish
he chun
2010-08-19 09:34:38 UTC
hi,can you tell me your solution?thank you!
Post by d***@gmail.com
Thanks a lot Eric. It helped me a lot and I have successfully deployed
Credential Provider in Vitsa 64 Ultimate.
Again thanks.
Regards,
--Danish
Composite UI Pattern and RAD Development for Data Entry Applications, Part 1
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a119aebe-7478-4aaa-b415-12786ec5cf90/composite-ui-pattern-and-rad-development-for-data-entry-applications-part-1.aspx