CAPICOM [Unknown Cryptographic Algorithm] When verifying sha1RSA 2048 Signature
Kenneth
2008-01-03 02:12:45 UTC
Hello All,

I am experiencing a problem when I attempt to validate a signature
(PKCS7/CMS Detached) that was signed with a certificate utilizing
sha1rsa and a 2048 public key. When calling verify, I receive the
following message " Error 80091002: Unknown Cryptographic Algorithm.
However, when I verify a signature that was signed using a certificate
that utilizes utilizing sha1rsa with a 1024 key, it works fine.

I am using CAPICOM 2.1.0.2. Does anyone know if this version supports
a certificate with a 2048 public key?

Thank you very much for any help you may provide,

Ken

Dim oSignedData As New CAPICOM.SignedData
Dim szSignature As String
Dim iStart As Integer, iEnd As Integer, szTemp As String
On Error GoTo ErrorHandler

' get the pkcs7 signature
szSignature = Signature

' verify The message
Set oSignedData = New CAPICOM.SignedData

' is this a detached or attached signature, deal with the
differences
oSignedData.Content = Content
Call oSignedData.Verify(szSignature, True,
CAPICOM_VERIFY_SIGNATURE_ONLY)
Vlad servitola
2010-12-10 07:41:56 UTC
If anyone look for answer:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa382010%28VS.85%29.aspx

Look for:

Note CAPICOM does not support the PKCS #7 EncryptedData content type but uses a nonstandard ASN structure for EncryptedData. Therefore, only CAPICOM can decrypt a CAPICOM EncryptedData object.

I've tryed to sign data with framework, which will be equal with capicom's signature. think it's impossible.
Post by Kenneth
[...]
Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Microsoft SQL Server DBA For Beginners
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/training-topic-area/SQL-Server-DBA/6/SQL-Server-DBA.aspx