narkive is for sale. Interested? (dismiss)
run only allowed windows application in Group policy Locked All
Rasikh Adine
2009-02-26 04:13:01 UTC
Hi,
I mistakenly applied run only allowed windows application in Group policy to
run only winword.exe so now i cant i cant open any thing els. i just want
to remove this restriction from my computer but i cant open GPEDIT.MCS
Please Help Me to solve this problem.
Rasikh Adine
2010-07-25 04:19:39 UTC
That is easy! go to task manager
1. End the process of explorer.exe
2. from file menue run a new task and click brows.
3. go system 32 and find mmc.exe
4. now find explorer.exe and rename it, some times as u rename it, it
automaticaly changes back to explorer.exe.. just do it unless it is renamed,

5. just paste mmc.exe in explorer.exe directory
6. rename the mmc.exe to explorer.exe
restart ur pc now!

now mmc.exe will run and from there add a new snap in! and solve ur problem.!

to make explorer.exe run again.. just do the above and delete mmc.exe and
bring back the explorer.exe itno its previose name (explorer.exe)

enjoy!

regards
RR ADINE

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/16592279.aspx
s***@bpsne.net
2012-12-03 21:55:04 UTC
Post by Rasikh Adine
That is easy! go to task manager
1. End the process of explorer.exe
2. from file menue run a new task and click brows.
3. go system 32 and find mmc.exe
4. now find explorer.exe and rename it, some times as u rename it, it
automaticaly changes back to explorer.exe.. just do it unless it is renamed,
5. just paste mmc.exe in explorer.exe directory
6. rename the mmc.exe to explorer.exe
restart ur pc now!
now mmc.exe will run and from there add a new snap in! and solve ur problem.!
to make explorer.exe run again.. just do the above and delete mmc.exe and
bring back the explorer.exe itno its previose name (explorer.exe)
enjoy!
regards
RR ADINE
url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/16592279.aspx
Same problem here.
tried this and it did not work.
Q..must I CUT+PASTE mmc up one dir. or COPY+PASTE mmc.?